The U.S. Green Building Council of West Michigan (USGBC-WM) is a non-profit organization with a mission to advocate, promote, and tell stories of highly efficient, sustainable buildings across the state. We encourage healthy buildings for humans and the environment alike. Some of our noteworthy programs include the Grand Rapids 2030 District and the Michigan Battle of the Buildings. The USGBC-WM is a champion and educator of green building practices and promotes third-party certifications including EnergyStar, LEED, and the Living Building Challenge, to name a few. We are dedicated to connecting our community with the tools and resources that lead to the goals of our mission.
We are hiring for the position(s) below. Please fill out the form and attach your cover letter or resume. You can also email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to our address at:
U.S. Green Building Council of West Michigan
146 Monroe Center St NW, Suite 500
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Website Usability Intern
Company: Grand Rapids 2030 District/ U.S. Green Building Council of West Michigan
Job Type: Hourly, Part-time Internship (hours flexible)
Location: Grand Rapids, MI Office, Remote, or Remote/Office Hybrid
Reports to: Communications Manager
Duration of Internship: 2 Months with the possibility of extension
About the Grand Rapids 2030 District:
The Grand Rapids 2030 District (GR2030) is a public-private partnership that is committed to creating high performing buildings and smart mobility options that: Drawdown carbon in Grand Rapids' built environment, increase marketability and profitability for property owners, and strengthen the greater community's vibrancy.
2030 Districts, currently representing over 460 million square feet, have been formed in cities across North America. These Districts demonstrate that energy, transportation emissions, and water reductions can be achieved through collaboration, leveraged financing, and shared District Member Resources. GR2030 is a subsidiary of the U.S. Green Building Council of West Michigan.
About the Position:
The Grand Rapids 2030 District is in need of a Website Usability intern to join their team! The end result of this internship is the creation of a user-friendly, visually striking, and responsive website that our members and visitors can utilize with ease. The intern will also create a report that will act as a roadmap for any individual who would like to replicate their work. This individual will have a working knowledge of HTML and CSS and has the ability to help solve problems that come with using a multi-user web platform. This person will be a creative thinker, self-starter, avid researcher, and team player who is up for the challenge.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager for content layout, design, and project timeline
- Build custom pages for web and mobile
- Provide support for and maintain existing websites
- Create high quality, well designed, efficient, and testable code
- Monitor website performance with special focus on site usability
- Identify ways to resolve inefficiencies and optimize website
- Possibility of SEO management, website readability, and optimization dependent on workload
- Working toward a degree in Programming, Coding, Computer Science, Website Design or equivalent
- Experience with CSS and HTML languages required
- Responsive web development experience required
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Great communicator
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Experience with Pantheon, Drupal, SEOs, UX, and Readability is a plus
- Having a passion for energy efficiency, sustainability, and/or environmentalism is a plus
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and an example of work from your portfolio through the below form or to email@example.com