The U.S. Green Building Council of West Michigan (USGBC-WM) is a non-profit organization with a mission to advocate, promote, and tell stories of highly efficient, sustainable buildings across the state. We encourage healthy buildings for humans and the environment alike. Some of our noteworthy programs include the Grand Rapids 2030 District and the Michigan Battle of the Buildings. The USGBC-WM is a champion and educator of green building practices and promotes third-party certifications including EnergyStar, LEED, and the Living Building Challenge, to name a few. We are dedicated to connecting our community with the tools and resources that lead to the goals of our mission.
We are hiring for the position(s) below. Please fill out the form and attach your cover letter or resume. You can also email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to our address at:
U.S. Green Building Council of West Michigan
146 Monroe Center St NW, Suite 500
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
The U.S. Green Building Council of West Michigan is seeking a full-time Program Manager to join our organization. USGBC West Michigan’s mission is to transform the way buildings are designed, built, and operated that improves the quality of life in West Michigan. Our programs include the Grand Rapids 2030 District, Michigan Battle of the Buildings, HEZero, and the Energy Assistance Program. Our areas of focus include energy efficiency, carbon reduction, decarbonization policies, green schools, sustainable design, and building certifications.
The Program Manager plays a key role in the growth and maintenance of the organization’s state-wide and local programs; with emphasis on the GR2030 District and the HEZero project. To be considered for this position the candidate must be comfortable in a public-facing role, developing and cultivating diverse community and professional stakeholder relationships, leading outreach efforts, contributing to strategic planning, and sustainable program funding.
The ideal Program Manager will be well versed in energy efficiency, building science, environmental justice, and fluent in Spanish. A successful candidate will have a passion for sustainability and climate change initiatives, excel in a team environment, and the will to break down systemic barriers and advance social equity.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local community stakeholders in a variety of business sectors and working groups.
- The compilation, management, and interpretation of energy and carbon data. Plus the ability to discover anomalies and consult on results.
- Communication with applicants, members, and participants in our programs that come from diverse backgrounds.
Collaborate with the City of Grand Rapids Office of Sustainability and Performance Management on cannabis licensing, energy & carbon policy compliance
Identify best practices for reducing energy and carbon consumption for buildings while evaluating equity impacts
- Establish rapport and support program members and participants.
- Curate webinar series by soliciting speakers for relevant topics and actively moderates said webinars.
- Must be comfortable in a public-facing role focused on community outreach and education.
- Keeps track of program data and generates reports for grant reporting and internal records.
- Strategically aligns work with grant outcomes and goals.
- Assist in the daily interworkings of the organization, such as communications, membership development, and funding.
- A Bachelors degree in Energy, Sustainability, Facilities Management, Environmental Policy or related field or equivalent experience
- Two years of professional experience in a nonprofit or energy organization.
- Familiarity with Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- Experience with GIS mapping or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets
- Strategic thinker who can build on their experience and grow programs
- Fluent in Spanish
Please send a cover letter and resume explaining your interest and including your salary requirements.
The USGBC West Michigan is an EEO offering a competitive salary based on experience. This is a full-time position with benefits/paid vacation/retirement plan based in Grand Rapids, MI.